Step aside, Jason

 

In July 2023, I had another PETscan done.


This time, the glutes did not light up and the lymph node between the sternum and esophagus showed clear. 


BUT


This time, I had a lymph node on my left collarbone near the esophagus that was lighting up. 


I was informed that in order for the radiation to be done, I would need to have a special mask created for me.


The purpose of the mask is to hold the head and neck perfectly still. 


The material is made of the stuff that professional football players use to make dental guards. When heated up, it becomes pliable, you fit it to where you need it to fit, and immediately cool it off and it becomes a hard plastic.



The Mask


During each radiation treatment, they put the mask on you and then snap it onto the table so there is zero movement involved. 

 



Wearing the Mask


I’m not claustrophobic, but it did require taking Ativan to get me through the process. 


It was also during this time that I was able to start some counseling.  But the counseling didn’t last long. The counselor felt as though I was managing alright and gave me some good pointers to get me through some tough spots when they come up - and of course, should I ever need her services, her door is open for me to see her again. 


Even though I had stopped taking Lenvima, I was still struggling with poor appetite and gastritis issues. Honestly, at this point, I was too tired to even care. 


Until next time… 





This week’s #WhenIDieMakeSureMyNailsAreDone 

 

Comments

Enjoyed this post? Never miss out on future posts by FOLLOWING ME

Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget