Who is MrrBrr?

 

I’m sure some of you are wondering who MrrBrr is.


Hi. That would be me. Ignore the messy hair. I had just woke up from a nap.




I’ve had a number of nicknames

throughout my lifetime. Some of them just stick.  


I have a good friend that refers to me as MMQE.  

MMQE is short for Mary Mary Quite ExtraOrdinary. 


My medical oncology nurse refers to me as MareBear. 

 

My nurse navigator refers to me as MrrBrr.  I have a name for her as well - I call her Jimmy.  It’s a take on her name and it’s also a family name and I do love her like family! 


 

But who AM I?

 

I’m just your average person that has been through quite the ordeal when it comes to my health. I’ve done my best to stay positive through it all. Sure there have been some really tough days, but overall, it’s been a good experience. 


I am the youngest of six. My sister is the oldest and 11 yrs older than me, followed by 4 brothers.  My sister and my oldest brother have passed, as well as both of my parents.


I’ve always been able to quickly learn new things, although I did not complete college (more on that in a future post). When I was in high school, I thought I would go on to be an accountant, but then I had a full semester of math with a professor that wrote his own text book… and I didn’t do so well. I’m guessing he probably went on to create common core math - something I don’t think I will ever grasp.


I’ve had some really cool jobs where I’ve met interesting people. I’ve also been self employed where I stayed mostly within my circle, but still managed to meet interesting individuals.


I’ve learned that no matter how difficult a situation may seem, humor always gets me through it. I’ll be sharing some of those experiences here. Why? Because I can and it will help you see some of the funny sides of some very serious situations.


I’m writing this blog to help you understand who I am, and perhaps prompt you to get some medical attention if you see some of the same situations in yourself.   


Ahem. I said MEDICAL attention - not necessarily PSYCHOLOGICAL (although there is absolutely nothing wrong with needing a little assistance in the latter, either!)


It’s my hope that you will laugh with me as I tell you about the things that I found hysterically funny when I probably should have been in the corner crying. 


Some situations that I will be sharing with you include:

 EMT Encounters

 The times I seriously thought I was going to die

 The day the ambulance got lost on the interstate

Traumatizing the CNA

 And so many more… 


In my next post, I’ll be sharing some anomalies that occurred in the 80s. And yes, there is a funny story in there, too. 


So who is MrrBrr?  My body is in its late 50s, my brain feels like it’s in its 40s, and my sense of humor is sometimes that of a 12 yr old boy.  I’m divorced, I live alone, I dislike cooking, and I don’t drive. I don't have pets - but I do have access to some rather cute puppies that I get to visit frequently. Who knows - I may just share a pic or two along the way.


Let me know in the comments the questions you have for me.  I’d love to answer them! 


Until next time…

 

Comments

  1. I know this is going to get interesting! I have one question for now - are you the person behind the Facebook page Time to Increase the Meds? I am trying to cut back on social media so you won't see me much on your links but I look forward to reading more on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alana! Yes ma'am! I am the person behind all of the links listed below. I know how it is when we feel the need to cut back on Social Media from time to time. Just don't stay away too long.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to your future posts! You're a good writer and the words flow smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >>... "my sense of humor is sometimes that of a 12 yr old boy."

    Ha!-Ha!

    Hey, Huckleberry, it's me, Tom!
    You wanna play hooky from school today? If so, meet me at the fishin' hole yonder! I gotta new pole I stole and I wanna try it out.

    ~ D-FensDogG

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Did you know that comments that are less than 8 words long are considered spam? So, don't hold back! Spill yer guts. Let me know you stopped by and let me know what you liked about the post, or what you didn't like. If you are a blogger, be sure to include a link to your blog, so that I can easily reciprocate.


Recent Posts

Recent Posts Widget

Popular Posts